Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"No Blood For Boyle"

The blogs lately have been burning up with speculation about the Lightning. TBO has suggested a fire sale, with everyone not a “Big Three” available for dumping. Including Boyle, Prospal, and Lukowich. The latter, not so much, more wishful thinking on my part. So what about my thoughts? What does lolsouthernhockey have to say about this? Do I have to type out “lolsouthernhockey” every time I reference my blog? What acronym would best describe this site? LSouthH? LOLSH? LSH?

Well, we here at LOLSH realize that you want the very best in self-deprecating, ribald, self-taught sports journalism. Especially since the trade deadline is mere weeks away, up-to-the-minute reporting just isn’t going to cut it anymore. You need instantaneous gratification in this world of text messaging, On-demand cable movies, and Japanese “massage” parlors. Last year, in between writing my usual hockey bon mots, this very neckbeard broke the Jason Ward trade hours before TSN and local media could get past talking about the Buccaneers. This year, my collusion and I GUARANTEE to break all Tampa Bay Lightning news, and Jay Feaster dithering, HOURS before the major sports outlets. We are so confident in our ken of the trade scene that if we don’t break the news to you first, we will PERSONALLY pre-date our post to make it appear as if we did.

No comments: