Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Prospal Bolted, Richards Is A Star

TSN is reporting that Lightning forward Vaclav Prospal has been traded to the Philadelphia Flyers for Alexandre Picard and a conditional pick. My sources tell me that the conditional pick is a second rounder if the Flyers make the Eastern Conference Finals, or a third if they fall short.

Yahoo sports are reporting that the Dallas Stars are in the final negotiations to bring Lightning forward Brad Richards to Dallas for a Halpern/Fisdric/Smith package. Halpern being the aging forward, Smith the backup goaltender with 44 games NHL experience, and Fisdrick the guy with a name that sounds like that guy from “The Princess Bride”.

Analysis of both trades (Richards trade is still uncertain) to be posted shortly. I expect comments posted praising me for skipping all the Jean Luc Picard Star Trek: TNG MS paint low brow humor that you know I really wanted to post here, but knew it was too easy.

No comments: